Welcome! I am so happy to have you here! I am Bernadette, married to my love Paul, mum to Mr 5 and to twins Mr and Miss 2. We live in a house with lots of books, noise and laughter in a beautiful bay-side suburb in Brisbane, Australia.
Goodie Goodie Lunchbox started when my friend had a bit of a dilemma. Her son was about to start school the following year and felt confused about what to pack him. I offered to take pictures of my son’s lunches as we had to pack ours for kindy. She loved my lunchboxes and said I should start an Instagram account. So I did and Goodie Goodie Lunchbox has grown from there.
I love developing recipes that are easy and can be made with your kiddos. My aim is to share with you (generally) nutritious, (always) delicious food that my family eats (mostly – I have young children that sometimes hunger strike for no reason).
10 things about me:
- I moved to Australia when I was 24 with my then-boyfriend now-husband. We took a chance as we had only been together for a few months but it was the best thing I ever did.
- I love playing board and card games and now that M 5 has become obsessed with Uno I am in game heaven.
- I’m an avid Parkrunner and enjoy the odd jog. I am still learning to love running…I like it, but I really need to love it because I love wine and ice-cream. A lot.
- I love to read, chick-lit is my favourite genre and re-reading books to me is like visiting old friends. I also adore children’s literature and reading to my kids – I love to re-create themes and characters from these books in fun food art.
- My favourite foods are avocado, mango, cheese, salads, pizza and pasta. Oh and cupcakes and nougat and…actually this list could get pretty long so I’ll just stop there.
- I am not a great traveler, slight fear of flying and I am a creature of habit, but I do dream of visiting America and Europe and it’s something I will do ‘one day’. My favourite holiday has been to Vanuatu and we are planning on travelling there again next year.
- I am surrounded by so many wonderful people, from my family and friends but also by the virtual communities I am a part of.
- I love karaoke. But most of my friends and family do not allow me to participate in this activity anymore. Insert sad face here.
- I love to eat out with my family or friends, nothing makes me happier. Well unless we are eating out at a BYO restaurant.
- I am still learning this whole crazy world of kid food blogging and loving it. This is my dream. Thanks for being a part of it.